Financial Fitness: Tips for Saving Money with...Water?
Water or Soda?
Even at fast food restaurants, the cost (in terms of money and energy drain) of purchasing soda can be substantial.
- How many times do you spend an extra buck or two to buy a soda at lunch or dinner?
- How many times do you just "pick up a soda" along with your gas?
When you add sales tax into the equation, and a tip at sit-down restaurants, this can add up to major bucks over time. ($500 per year is a conservative estimate!)
What would you do with an extra $500 per year?
One of my favorite things about water is that it’s free, or virtually free if you drink bottled water. Another benefit of drinking water versus a soda is that it’s refreshing, and great for your body. Sugar gives you an immediate high, but drains your energy over time.
How much sugar is in one can of soda?
Take Action Now:
- At a minimum: Drink a large glass of water first thing in the morning.
- Better: Drink a large glass of water before each meal.
- Best: Follow the 8 X 8 rule: Drink (8) 8 oz. glasses of water a day.
For more information on the benefits of water, find out how much water you should drink every day from the Mayo Clinic.
Cheers to your health and your wealth!