Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Whether you are considering interviewing or have been with us for years, we want you to know that the safety of all involved with our business is our highest priority. We will continue to watch updates and follow the guidance from public health authorities as the situation evolves.
This page is intended to provide parents and potential applicants relevant information about COVID-19 as it relates to our interview, training and day-to-day work of a Vector Marketing / Cutco sales rep.
This page is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances. General updates on the virus are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How much exposure will I have to groups and/or others while working at Vector?
Our representatives perform sales presentations virtually. In this sense, working with Vector is unique as it provides the opportunity for a competitive income, flexible schedule, and the ability to work virtually using a computer and internet connection.
- Interview process. Interviews have historically been held one-on-one or in small groups at the local office. However, in all offices, interviews will take place virtually or over the phone. Let our staff know your preference when scheduling your interview (via text). The team will accommodate as best as possible.
- Training process. Training has historically taken place in small groups at the local office. Now, however, our sales reps train virtually for the position. If accepted onto the team, feel free to ask the interviewing staff what virtual training options are available.
- Management and team meetings. Sales rep management has always taken place over the phone or via live video (Zoom, FaceTime, etc). Our team meetings are traditionally held in person at the local office, now however, are to be attended via live video (Zoom, FaceTime, etc.). Ask your local management for specific virtual options.
- Sales presentations with customers. Cutco presentations are not conducted in groups. Regardless, all representatives conduct their presentations virtually, via computer and/or FaceTime/phone.
- Regional/Divisional events. A few times a year, (more often in summer months) our regions and divisions gather together for (invite-only) training and award banquets. However, these will now be taking place virtually. The safety of our management team and sales force is our highest priority.
The virtual nature of the Vector Marketing sales representative position provides a unique opportunity to develop personal and professional communication skills. All while earning a competitive income and working a flexible schedule.
What precautions are Vector Marketing offices taking?
Although Vector Marketing has historically relied on face-to-face efforts to conduct business, our company has been working and evolving virtual programs for a number of years. At this current time, all Vector offices are run 100% virtually. This specifically includes all interviewing, training and sales team management activities. Consult your local office regarding what virtual options are available in your area.
In addition to an array of virtual tools and programs, all our managers (from our newest to our most veteran) have access to corporate staff members that can support them in their “virtualization efforts.” Managing representatives and conducting sales presentations over-the-phone is certainly not a new practice.
We believe we can both operate positively day-to-day – that is to say, run our business without fear – and have a healthy respect for the science of the pandemic by taking appropriate precautions.
Whether you are considering interviewing or have been on our team for years, we want your experience to be exceptional.
Real-time CDC coronavirus resources: