WILMINGTON, DE--(Apr 3, 2012) - Vector Marketing Corporation, the single-level direct sales division for Cutco Cutlery, the largest kitchen cutlery manufacturing company in North America, presented several awards at the Pi Sigma Epsilon (PSE) Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon® sales competition at PSE's National Convention held March 13-17 in Indianapolis, IN.
Vector Marketing sponsored the Pi Sigma Epsilon Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon®, which is a year-long competition based on the Miller Heiman Sales System®.
The Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon pairs collegiate PSE members with sales professionals to provide the students with training on the Miller Heiman Sales System®. The purpose of this event is to teach the participating PSE students sales skills, to promote sales as a professional career and to provide an opportunity for sales professionals to share their knowledge with students. The students and their coaches work to develop a ten-minute sales call plan with a buyer. The nearly 90 participating students are then videotaped making their sales call and the finalists are selected from the tapes.
The 2012 Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon® winners were:
- 5th place: Nick Otis, Central Michigan University (trophy and cash prize of $500)
- 4th place: Kevin Smith, University of North Carolina-Wilmington (trophy and cash prize of $750)
- 3rd place: Stewart Allen, Louisiana State University (trophy and cash prize of $1,000)
- 2nd place: Abbey Vanderwoude, Northern Illinois University (trophy and cash prize of $1,250)
- 1st place: Jenny Green, The College of New Jersey (trophy and cash prize of $1,500)
- Top PSE Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon® Salesperson of the Day: Brittany Bodi, University of Toledo (trophy and cash prize of $1,000)
PSE is the only national collegiate professional, co-educational fraternity for marketing, sales, and management. The Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon® was made possible with the support of Vector Marketing Corporation, Tom James Company, Miller Heiman, and Northwestern Mutual.
In addition to the Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon®, Vector Marketing supports Pi Sigma Epsilon by sponsoring two additional awards and a scholarship.
The winners of these awards were:
- Faculty Advisor of Year: Ken Cherry, Central Michigan University (trophy and $1,000 research stipend)
- Top Marketing Project: Miami University (Ohio) (trophy)
- Vector Marketing Scholarship: Joe Camacho, Widener University ($1,000)
The Vector Marketing Scholarship honors a student who has demonstrated a commitment to community service and intends to pursue a career in sales.
About Cutco Cutlery and Vector Marketing
Cutco Cutlery is a 63-year-old company with headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Olean, New York. Vector Marketing coordinates all sales for Cutco Cutlery through a national network of college students who sell products through in-home personal demonstrations. Each year, the company trains approximately 40,000 college students.More than 13 million US households own a Cutco product.
About Pi Sigma Epsilon
PSE (www.pse.org) was founded in 1952 with a mission to develop the sales and marketing skills of its members. Individuals from a diverse collegiate membership of more than 2,300 come together in PSE to enhance their academic, professional, and personal experiences.